Cordefactum is an internationally renowned instrument and music festival organized by the Centre for Musical Instrument Building (CMB) in Puurs, Belgium. Each edition, every two years, the focus switches to different groups of instruments. One edition guitars, another edition bowed instruments, lutes and historical keyboards.
The first Cordefactum edition took place in 2004.
For technical reasons the planned 2018 edition is exceptionally brought
forward to 2017. Programs of previous editions can be seen here.
Cordefactum's 4th Guitar Festival:
Friday 14th, Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th of April 2017
Classical, steel-string, archtop, solid body, ....
Concerts, Lectures, Guitar Show
The first day of the festival, Friday the 14th, is dedicated to the Leonardo-Guitar-Research-Project-Event with lectures,
blind and non-blind audience testing, demonstrations, concerts and an exhibition of the Leonardo Project Guitars.
Parallel to that event, external builders are invited to display there non-tropical local wood guitars (of any kind)
on a "Local Wood Challenge" Show, an initiative of the European Guitar Builders Association.
Guidelines for exhibitors, click here.
Read more about the LGRP-Event and the Local Wood Challenge
Venue for the Cordefactum 2017 edition:
Venue on Google Maps
Program (dates, hours and subjects to be completed)
Concerts Classical Guitar:
- Andrea De Vitis / www.andreadevitis.com / Friday evening
- Marcin Dylla / www.marcindylla.com / Saturday evening
Concerts Steel-string Guitar:
- Fabien Degryse / www.fabiendegryse.com / Friday evening
- Clive Carroll / www.clivecarroll.co.uk / Sunday evening
Lecturers Classical Guitar:
- Miles Roberts (Kent guitars) / www.kentguitarclassics.com
- Gerhard J. Oldiges / Oldiges-guitars.com
- Christopher Dean www.deanguitars.co.uk
- John Ray: http://www.granadaexpert.com/johnray/
Lecturers Steel-string guitars
- Dana Bourgeois /bourgeoisguitars.net
- Chris Larkin / www.chrislarkinguitars.com
- ´╗┐´╗┐Serge Michiels & John Joveniaux, TAO GUITARS / http://www.taoguitars.com
Lecturers on the LGRP Event (friday)
- Garston & Walraet / LGRP presentation and listening test / www.leonardo-guitar-research.com
- A. J. Lucas /lucasguitars.co.uk
- François Gautier /univ-lemans.academia.edu/FrançoisGautier
Guitar Show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
All types of guitars will be displayed; classical, steel-string, archtop, solid body, ...
You are a proffesional Guitar Luthier and you want to get informed or you want to participate as an exhibitor to the Show or the Local Wood Challenge? please, read the guidelines
Looking for accommodation ? click here
Cordefactum 2017 is organised by www.cmbpuurs.be
in association with the Music Academy of Lier
Music academy of Lier, the venue for the 2017 Cordefactum Festival and Guitar Show
Cordefactum ARCHIVE from 2004 till 2016, click here